Company Treasures

Browse the extensive collection of Shipwrights' treasures collected over the years.

‘Oceanic’

Presented by 1945 C.E. Torrey, Liveryman                                                     Bequeathed 1973 by the late C.E. Torrey, liveryman.

This painting has been reproduced in several well known books about passenger ships and about the White Star Line. Very large, it could not be accomodated in Ironmongers' Hall, and in 1980 was been placed on loan in the  Ulster Folk Museum (now the Ulster Museum of Transport) near Belfast where the ship was built by Messrs Harland & Wolff Ltd. in 1871. The painting was unveilled by the Prime Warden, Dr. Denis Rebbeck, CBE, DL, JP, FEng, a former chairman and  managing director of Messrs Harland and Wolff.

Framed watercolour painting , byW. Wyllie, 1895, of the first steamship built for the White Star Line. Restored 1980.

(074/1945)

Find more Paintings,Engravings&Prints >>

<< Alternatively go back to All Treasures