The Aims of the Shipwrights' Company are to:
- Promote and maintain the traditions of the City of London and to fulfil the role of a Livery Company in the City.
- Promote excellence in every aspect of the maritime field, especially the craft of shipbuilding.
- Promote and support education and youth development programmes in the maritime area.
- Promote and support charitable causes in the maritime area.
- Create and maintain a forum where maritime interests can meet with the object of improving communication and understanding within the field.
- Ensure that the Livery represents a comprehensive cross-section of maritime interests.
Approved by the Court - 11 May 1984