The Shipwrights’ Company was delighted to receive the following notification from the Stelios Philanthropic Foundation confirming the details of the Stelios Awards for Disabled Entrepreneurs in the UK 2023. Please spread the word and encourage disabled entrepreneurs to apply.
On behalf of Sir Stelios we are delighted to announce the launch of this year’s Stelios Awards for Disabled Entrepreneurs in the UK 2023 in partnership with Leonard Cheshire.
The Awards offer one of the largest financial prizes for disabled entrepreneurs in the UK. A top prize of £50,000, and two finalist prizes of £30,000 and £20,000 are up for grabs for this year’s winners, offering £100,000 in cash in total. Since the awards started in 2006 a grand total of over £1.3million (including this year’s sum), has been donated by Sir Stelios and the Foundation to disabled entrepreneurs and Leonard Cheshire.
- Applications are open from today, Monday 27 February 2023, and close at 5pm on Friday 14 April 2023.
- The overall winner will receive their grand prize of £50,000 at an online Awards ceremony on Thursday 18 May 1pm-2pm British Summer Time.
- Two runners up will receive prizes of £30,000 and £20,000.
Entrepreneurs will be eligible to apply if:
- They are registered disabled in the UK.
- They own at least 50% of a UK registered for-profit company that has filed accounts with UK Companies House showing a turnover (Revenues) in one year of at least £5,000.
Sir Stelios said: “Sadly, despite all efforts, there remains considerable obstacles to disabled people finding full-time salaried employment. And I have long held the view that the best way for a disabled person to get such a job is to start their own business and be their own boss! We are awarding excellence in business.”
Full details and an application form can be found here:
Facebook group here: Stelios Awards for Disabled Entrepreneurs in the UK
We would be very grateful if you can share the above links with your networks.